All dogs are spayed or neutered, vaccinated, dewormed, fecal checked, heartworm tested (if old enough), heartworm treated if positive, and most are micro-chipped prior to adoption. Several dogs have received additional medical care. Most dogs are housebroken. We do not adopt dogs to homes that have other un-altered pets. Nor do we place dogs in homes with unfenced swimming pools. The dog is placed in the home that would be most suitable for the dog.
We ask potential adopters to fill out the FCIA Adoption Application. If a match is made, adopters will be asked to sign a contract stating that they will provide all necessary care for the animal.
1. The standard adoption donation is $175.00 to $225.00. This adoption donation helps us pay for care that was provided the adopted dog as well as other foster dogs in our program.
2. We do not release animals at the adoption site.
3. A house visit by FCIA is necessary before an animal is released to a new home.
4. Each dog will go to his/her new home for a 10 day trial period. Within these 10 days, if the match does not work out, the adoptee will receive a full refund. After this 10 day period, FCIA is not required to give a refund.
5. If the adopter is unable to provide the necessary care, the animal must be returned to FCIA.
To review the final Adoption Contract that you will be required to sign at the time of adoption, Click Here.